Re: Odd behavoiur of one machine - radvd failing?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 09:09:27PM +0100, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> I have 4 ipv6 enabled machines on a 6/4 tunnel.  3 of them work fine,
> but the 4th refuses to pick up an ipv6 address except its local one.

I've often been able to trace problems like this to broken multicast
support in the drivers for the network card.  Do all involved machines
have identical network hardware?

If you put the interface in allmulti or promisc mode, do they
autoconfigure?

noah

--
Noah Meyerhans
Computer Resource Services, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science