RE: Odd behavoiur of one machine - radvd failing?

Tony Hoyle [mailto:tmh@nothing-on.tv] wrote:

> Jeroen Massar wrote:
>
> > ping6 -I eth0 ff02::2 to find out your routers (if they react)
>
> This doesn't return anything on two of the machines.  On the
> other two it works (one of which is acting as the router, so it just
> does a ping of ::1).

- Are the network cards broadcast capable?
- Correct settings?
- IPv4 works? (netcard actually works? :)
- Firewalling active?

Try the following things:
; All machines on the link
ping6 -I eth0 ff02::1
; All gates on the link
ping6 -I eth0 ff02::1
; Your gate as found
ping6 -I eth0 fe80::260:52ff:fe03:3654

And while doing them try tcpdumping a bit...
But if you don't get any response on ff02::2 you won't get any response
on RA's either...

Greets,
 Jeroen