Re: When IPv6 will be considered fully part of debian????

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:04:24AM -0500, William F. Maton wrote:
> The classic response from upstream authors is: "I don't have IPv6 on my
> system, therefore can't validate whether or not your patch destabilizes my
> stable code, so I won't accept it."
>
> Andthen it degenerates into another chicken and egg situation....

 It's important to have patches tested on machines _without_ ipv6, as well
as v6 connected machines, since breaking v4-only machines is probably worse
than breaking only when v6 is being used.

 If maintainers think that v6 is too experimental, etc., then they might
accept the argument that people who need stability will stick with v4, so
the most important testing is on v4-only machines.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y