Re: When IPv6 will be considered fully part of debian????

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Feb 17, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> wrote:
>
>  >           as usual is not to blame someone but Im wondering why all people
>  >like Kitame, Marco D'Itri, probably someone else and sometimes me
>  >cannot have a common repository where to store ipv6 enabled pkgs???
> I'm wondering why more maintainers do not accept IPv6 patches from us,
> which is the most important thing.

The classic response from upstream authors is: "I don't have IPv6 on my
system, therefore can't validate whether or not your patch destabilizes my
stable code, so I won't accept it."

Andthen it degenerates into another chicken and egg situation....

wfms