Re: Newbie help / Project status query

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 09:55:27AM +0100, Fabbione wrote:
> 	 I don't think that the mantainers will be happy since
> ping6 is present in iputils-ping in the main repository.
> Same for traceroute6... just install iputils-traceroute.
> The last one will also provide tracepath and tracepath6.

Oh, fair enough. Why are there two different packages for ping, and why does
netkit-ping have "ipv6" in the version number if it doesn't support ipv6?
That's a little misleading...

For that matter, why are ping and ping6 two different programs?

Seems to work now, anyway, so cheers :-)

--
"No sense in making things worse by telling the truth"
	                                   jason@khendon.org.uk