Re: Newbie help / Project status query

Jason Williams wrote:

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 02:59:34PM -0800, Hans Kuhn wrote:

I had this same problem, and the solution that worked for me
was to grab ping6 from the linux ipv6 page. I couldn't get
the debian netkit-ping package to work with ipv6 either.

The URL for ping6 is listed on Peter's page at:

http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/status/IPv6+Linux-status-distributions.html

Cheers. Has a bug been filed, or should I do that?

Hi,
	 I don't think that the mantainers will be happy since
ping6 is present in iputils-ping in the main repository.
Same for traceroute6... just install iputils-traceroute.
The last one will also provide tracepath and tracepath6.

Fabbione

Actally from my experience the only thing that is really missing
is a better integration of the sit interface configuration in /etc/network/interface. By the way if you have a bit of fantasy
you can manage to make it working easily.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Unstable Kernel 2.4.13
fabbione on irc.atdot.it #coredump #kchat | fabbione@fabbione.net