Newbie help / Project status query

Hi...

I think I've got everything I need to do to get my debian "testing"
system set up right for ipv6, but it doesn't seem to be working.

My network interfaces have inet6 addresses - Excerpt from ifconfig;

  lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
            inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
            inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
            UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1

I have these lines in my apt sources.list

  deb http://people.debian.org/~kitame/ipv6 ipv6 unstable
  deb http://www14.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/db3/h-yamamo/ipv6/debian potato/

I have the ipv6 version of netkit-ping

  ii  netkit-ping    0.17-0.1.ipv6r The ping utility from netkit

But ping doesn't seem to recognise IPv6 addresses;

  jason@cds020:~$ ping ::1
  ping: unknown host ::1
  jason@cds020:~$ grep ip6-localhost /etc/hosts
  ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
  jason@cds020:~$ ping ip6-localhost
  ping: unknown host ip6-localhost

What am I missing?

Also, ssh refuses to connect to the localhost;

  jason@cds020:~$ ssh ::1
  Secure connection to ::1 refused.

Secondly, what is the current status of the debian IPv6 project? Not in
terms of individual packages, but in terms of overall progress - are
there active moves to make IPv6 more integrated with debian as a
whole? (ie, towards making IPv6 at least as easy to set up as IPv4).

Cheers :-)
--
"No sense in making things worse by telling the truth"
	                                   jason@khendon.org.uk