Re: script to check for guaranteed-to-crash-your-app warnings

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:15:34PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:

>   >> Does Debian (and other distros) keep the log files of package
>   >> builds?  If so, it would be interesting to run the script over
>   >> those log files and see what else crops up.
>
>   Randolph> see http://buildd.debian.org/
>
> Why can't some packages be found in the database?  For example:
>
>  lynx http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=ia64&pkg=elilo
>
> returns:
>
> 	"I can't find package elilo_ia64 in the database."

The trite answer is "because the build log was never uploaded to the
server".  The reason the build log was never uploaded to the server
is that elilo is built & uploaded on ia64 rather than being built by a
build daemon.  Humans (even Bdale, the elilo maintainer) don't tend to
send their build logs to the buildd server.