Help tracking down libpth problem on ia64?

Could someone here help track down and possibly resolve the libpth bug
on ia64?  I'll admit it's beyond my knowledge, but if someone could
provide pointer I'd be more than happy to do whatever leg work I can to
help.  There are currently two open bugs against the pth packages
concerning this:

As I understand it, pth compiles fine but blows up when used.  If "make
test" is run after compiling it too fails.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar