Re: Can't get sound or high resolution

> If i run an lsmod, it lists the cs4281 module as being loaded (I loaded it kind
> of on a hunch during installation). But I'm not hearing a thing. What's a good
> way to test to see if the sound is working, that would return some useful errors
> if it wasn't?

cat /dev/random > /dev/dsp should give you some static.... :)

or 'apt-get install mpg321' and play your favorite mp3s

i don't believe there's an aumix-minimal in debian, but we do have
aumix. you might want to run that to make sure nothing's on mute.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/