Re: Call for translations for vidalia...

Hi there Dererk,

Meanwhile I think the template.pot is MIA or I missed something.
Can you re-send again ?

Cheers,
Rui Branco

On 06/24/2011 12:41 PM, Dererk wrote:
On 24/06/11 01:41, Christian PERRIER wrote:
Quoting Ulises Vitulli (dererk@debian.org):

Hello Ulises,
Hi there!

Please note that, since current template is based on Wicd's software with
just trivial replacements, I took the initiative to replace the 3 words that changed
on some of the already existent translations. Do replace whatever you consider appropriate.
What happened to former translations in the vidalia package?

Things like:

#. Type: select
#. Choices
#: ../templates:1001
msgid "No Configuration"
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Choices
#: ../templates:1001
msgid "One-off restart"
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Choices
#: ../templates:1001
msgid "Permanent takeover"
msgstr ""

#. Type: select
#. Description
#: ../templates:1002
msgid "Tor/Vidalia interaction:"
msgstr ""

Ok, well, what have happen is that things have changed in favor of
simplification, that's why this new debconf template uses two strings in
one template.

Also, I'm afraid that the text of templates might deserve a prior review:

#. Type: multiselect
#. Description
#: ../templates:1001
msgid "Users to add to the debian-tor group:"
msgstr ""

#. Type: multiselect
#. Description
#: ../templates:1001
msgid ""
"Users who should be able to control Tor daemon need to be added to the group"
"\"debian-tor\"."
msgstr ""
This is not a sentence and the long description should be a full
sentence (or more than one, of course).

Something like "Please enter the list of users that...blah blah
I'm completely open to ideas. Right now I think it's short and simple
enough to transmit the idea. What would you like to change from the
above sentence(s)?

Cheers,

Dererk