Re: What about DDTSS do you (dis)like?

On 11 June 2011 14:19, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> fuzzy-matching is a tricky topic. gettext utilities have a nice
> algorithm for this. I don't exactly know how it works but it gives
> great results on sufficiently long strings. Even a full paragraph
> where a full sentence is added will be picked by fuzzy matching and
> then marked "fuzzy" in a PO file.
>
> The problem we have in the DDT* is that there is AFAIK no way to mark
> a paragraph as "translated but should be corrected", ie "fuzzy".

Well, I was thinking of the sledgehammer approach. That is, just whack
the string "<fuzzy>" in front of the part that's fuzzy. And then don't
accept translations with that string in them.

This is doable with the current system. If people like I can write a
script that fuzzy matches untranslated parts and put in the translated
version. This won't make new translations but it will give better
suggestions when you start to translate a new description.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/