Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup (3rd version)

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 07:19:43AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> That means having a specific way to ask for layouts *in a single
> question* mor eor less combining the layout/variant (and maybe model)
> questions.

This is exactly what the upstream of xkeyboard-config wants to achieve.
Only one question!  Not one question that includes all layouts around
the world but one question customized for your teritory.

> I see this as the only way to preserve one key feature of D-I: keeping
> things simple for users and minimizing the number of asked questions.
> And, also, preserve the rationale where "size matters".

Only one question provided the US QWERTY layout is added to the list of
France and the other countries that need it. ;-)

No, I am not joking. :-)

Yes, there are problems in the current state of xkeyboard-config but I
think the proper way to deal with these problems is to report them to
the upstream rather than to do something Debian-specific.

Anton Zinoviev