Re: release notes and msgid-previous (was: Re: (forw) Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

On 2009-02-05 03:32, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> SGML tag --> Docbook-XML tag
> True, some tags have attributes which change, but the global substitution is
> doable for many of those.

That's what I did, because I wasn't satisfied with the (two?)
debiandoc2docbook tools we have in Debian. I used
tags-query-replace in Emacs to do the change over all files in
one directory at once.

Important: XML is less lenient than SGML is some respects:

 * Make sure to close all tags, such as <xref>
 * Test your document/translation with
   make validate LINGUA=vi (or "es" or whatever)

Thanks!