Re: (forw) Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

On 02/02/2009, at 4:30 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

The full text of the announcement is at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/02/msg00000.html

Translators, please focus on and be ready for the Release Notes
update. This is the most important bit which you can work on until the
release. Web site translators (see debian-www) should also be ready tp
update translations for various web pages.

My own suggestion is trying to update what you can as it is now AND
follow -i18n very closely to be ready to update changed files, if
there are some, during the probably very short translation update window.
<snip>

Thanks for the reminder, Christian. It is exactly what I need, to know where to focus what resources I have available.

I notice that the single Release-Notes PO file has been separated into 8 different PO files, much like the Installation Guide. Probably because I have been away, there seems to be a lot to do: the first two files I opened were quite empty (6 more to go after today!). However, the Installation Guide sets a good example: I'm sure the results will be encouraging. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n