Re: [D-I] 18 more new strings in "core" Debian Installer

To: Deb18n
Cc: Frans

On 18/01/2008, at 4:55 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Quoting Miguel Figueiredo (elmig@debianpt.org):
#: ../apt-cdrom-setup.templates:7
msgid ""
"An attempt to configure apt to install additional packages from the CD "
"failed."

CD or CD/DVD ?

If I remember the discussion back, that was an attempt to avoid being
repetitive over and over with "CD/DVD"

How about just using "disk"? It works well in my language. :)

Or, if necessary, "removeable disk"? That would also cover other kinds of media.

#: ../apt-cdrom-setup.templates:62
msgid ""
"/cdrom/:Please insert the disc labeled: '${LABEL}' in the drive '/ cdrom/' "
"and press enter."

I don't like/understand much this sentence. '/cdrom/' is it a variable? or it
will part of the sentence that is displayed to the user?

I don't like it much as well..:-)

Frans, could you add some background (I'm not entirely sure that Frans
is still following -i18n closely, hence the Cc)

I omitted the leading '/cdrom/' in my translation: I assumed it was a programming or contextual cue of some kind. Should it be retained in the translation?

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n