Re: (forw) Google Summer of Code 2007 - mentors and project ideas wanted

Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> Jens Seidel wrote:

>>> I don't see how, with the current tools and package organisation.
>>>
>>> The translations have to be included in the templates file, as
>>> DEBIAN/templates, so interaction with the maintainer at the package
>>> build time is mandatory.
>> Once the new i18n server is up and running it should be as simple as
>> adding a new debhelper tool which downloads new translations at build
>> time. This requires no action of the maintainer except the initial
>> modifications.
>
>> Or does the policy forbid such steps (downloads, ...) during package
>> builds?
>
> Yes, is forbidden... but probably the developer could trigger the
> update by hand and then do the build on his machine with the new
> files; he will only need to update the files from time to time.

It's forbidden to rely on network access, though it's not forbidden to try the
network access and fall back on something else if no network access is
available...

Cheers

Luk

--
Luk Claes - http://people.debian.org/~luk - GPG key 1024D/9B7C328D
Fingerprint:   D5AF 25FB 316B 53BB 08E7   F999 E544 DE07 9B7C 328D