Re: status of DDTP and ftp mirror synchronization?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 05:50:52PM -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel wrote:
> > I'm still not entirely comfortable with having something outside of
> > ftpmaster determine which translations should be in which suites,
> > but that's something that'll probably need changes in apt-ftparchive
> > to improve, and can be left 'til later.
> 	Ok, we would like to help with that, so we can have it in
> Lenny. Not sure exactly what is required and all the details, but
> would be great if we could cooperate to find the best solution to
> fulfill ftpmaster requirements.

Having it be "upload the translations; have <some archiving tool> pull
out the relevant ones for stable/testing/unstable/experimental when
generating the Packages files" would make me happier. That way updated
translations would migrate automatically to testing, and translations
of old descriptions wouldn't stick around in the archive. But I don't
think that's your problem.

> > Any suggestions/scripts for validating the uploaded file would be
> > good too.
> 	Are there examples/references for what is done/tested/checked
> by debian-maintainer and debtags?

d-m checks who can upload it, debtags checks that there aren't any invalid
entries in the tags files.

The scripts to validate and accept those are at:

   http://ftp-master.debian.org/bzr/ftpmaster-dak/scripts/debian/byhand-tag
   http://ftp-master.debian.org/bzr/ftpmaster-dak/scripts/debian/byhand-dm

Cheers,
aj