Re: status of DDTP and ftp mirror synchronization?

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:21:26AM +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:
> I'd like to know when Translation-* of ftp mirror will sync with
> of http://ddtp.debian.org/debian/dists/.
>
> #431891 is still left and no one cares.

yes, unfortunately

> Although I understand that bug report gave very poor information for FTP
> masters, current status (provides very old translations with an old
> encoding) is making a problem.

The FTP-Master can get the files from:
http://ddtp.debian.net/debian/Translations.tar.gz	 (all)
http://ddtp.debian.net/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/       (per File)
http://ddtp.debian.net/debian/dists/etch/main/i18n/      (per File)
http://ddtp.debian.net/debian/dists/lenny/main/i18n/     (per File)

> At least for Japanese, Translation-ja in official mirror is encoded
> with EUC-JP. Because APT tool try to treat it as UTF-8 internally,
> all of APT tools (eg. apt-cache, aptitude, or synaptic) shows a broken
> screen.
> Translation-ja in ddtp.debian.org/debian/dists is already encoded
> with UTF-8, that's correct for APT, it provides a right result.

This is right.

> So, what problem does block the synchronization?
> How can we solve it and push the newest DDTP production into official
> mirror?

The ftp-master should get the files once per week or we need a
interface to upload the files on request...

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  - a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Das Schlimme am Pessimismus ist eigentlich, meistens Recht zu