Re: status of DDTP and ftp mirror synchronization?

On 11-12-2007 07:18, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:39:34AM -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
>> 	If I'm not wrong, Anthony did the first upload of the
>> Translation files, I'm cc:ing him, he probably can add more
>> info on that.
>> 	I think we could use the BYHAND to upload Translation
>> files having some kind of DDTP Team, similar to debtags, but
>> I would still like to hear from Anthony if a package upload
>> would be better/worst than a rsync from someplace.
>
> Yup; the autobyhand stuff we have now (used by debtags and
> debian-maintainers) makes that easy to work with too.

	Cool. :)

> I'm still not entirely comfortable with having something outside of
> ftpmaster determine which translations should be in which suites,
> but that's something that'll probably need changes in apt-ftparchive
> to improve, and can be left 'til later.

	Ok, we would like to help with that, so we can have it in
Lenny. Not sure exactly what is required and all the details, but
would be great if we could cooperate to find the best solution to
fulfill ftpmaster requirements.

> So I'd say:
>
>  - prepare a byhand upload
>  - targetted at unstable (ie Distribution: unstable)
>  - with a byhand file called ddtp-translations_2007.12.12-1_all.tar.gz
>    or similar (different package name or version, eg)
>  - section should be "raw-translations"
>  - that tarball should contains:
>       main/i18n/Translation-xx_XX
>       contrib/i18n/Translation-xx_XX
>       non-free/i18n/Translation-xx_XX
>     ie, translations for all components and languages, uncompressed
>
> Workable?

	Yes, we can do that during the i18n Extremadura meeting that
will start in two days. We could even prepare some sort of semi
automatic tests on our side, before get it ready to upload.

> If you can upload all that somewhere I can have a look at it and make
> sure it's workable, rather than directly to the archive, that'd seem
> like a good next step.

	Ok, as soon as we hit this stage we will let you know.

> Any suggestions/scripts for validating the uploaded file would be
> good too.

	Are there examples/references for what is done/tested/checked
by debian-maintainer and debtags?

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)