Re: status of DDTP and ftp mirror synchronization?

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 12:39:34AM -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> 	If I'm not wrong, Anthony did the first upload of the
> Translation files, I'm cc:ing him, he probably can add more
> info on that.
> 	I think we could use the BYHAND to upload Translation
> files having some kind of DDTP Team, similar to debtags, but
> I would still like to hear from Anthony if a package upload
> would be better/worst than a rsync from someplace.

Yup; the autobyhand stuff we have now (used by debtags and
debian-maintainers) makes that easy to work with too.

I'm still not entirely comfortable with having something outside of
ftpmaster determine which translations should be in which suites,
but that's something that'll probably need changes in apt-ftparchive
to improve, and can be left 'til later.

So I'd say:

 - prepare a byhand upload
 - targetted at unstable (ie Distribution: unstable)
 - with a byhand file called ddtp-translations_2007.12.12-1_all.tar.gz
   or similar (different package name or version, eg)
 - section should be "raw-translations"
 - that tarball should contains:
      main/i18n/Translation-xx_XX
      contrib/i18n/Translation-xx_XX
      non-free/i18n/Translation-xx_XX
    ie, translations for all components and languages, uncompressed

Workable?

If you can upload all that somewhere I can have a look at it and make
sure it's workable, rather than directly to the archive, that'd seem
like a good next step.

Any suggestions/scripts for validating the uploaded file would be
good too.

Cheers,
aj