Re: getting translated description of packages through apt

	Hi!

Am Mittwoch, den 24.10.2007, 11:30 +0200 schrieb Jens Seidel:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 10:42:21AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > Given the no-quality-but-quantity
> > approach and the non-working proofreading of the DDTP and translations
> > getting locked afterwards with no informations on how to fix severe bugs
>
> What about http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp which is linked
> from http://ddtp.debian.net/?

 You yourself said that a translation is locked once it's through the
"review" process and can't be touched again, with the reasoning to not
do any more harm. I took your word for it, and my further question on
that topic went unresponded.

> > that got through this "great" proof reading phase (of course, everything
> > anonymous, quite possible that some people push their translations in
> > through that) it is just a pain for very many people in the german area.
>
> You know that I do not agree, many others too. I also proofread all
> changes of the Translation-de file since some months (but lag behind a
> few weeks).

 It's fine that you do not agree, but you also know that lots of people
do, given regular reports about such issues as the enigma case, which
you might call a single spot which it isn't but clearly showed how far
the proofreading concept and anonymous approach really works.

> >  So, is there a documentation somewhere available (appart from UTSL) how
> > to disable getting translated package descriptions? Mails about the
> > problem to the team got unresponded so I don't really see any other
> > approach to the issue, sorry. :/
>
> According to #437523 (which was fixed today)

 erm, received a patch today, rather, and I don't see any confirmation
that it got accepted?

> DDTP::APT::Acquire::Translation "none" in apt.conf will do it. I agree
> that it should be added to
> http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ddtp. Will you do so?

 Will do once I see it really fixed.
Rhonda