Re: getting translated description of packages through apt

Am Mittwoch, den 24.10.2007, 14:45 +0200 schrieb Thomas Weber:
> You know that last time this topic came up on debian.user.german (the
> intended audience of such translations), the *vast* majority of
> participants did *not* agree with you!

 The *vast* majority of participants also did deny that translations
like enigma (read: like, not limited to) will be able to make it into
the pool with that approach - which cleary was wrong. I know that people
sending private replies don't count because in that case they gave up
already, but that doesn't mean that they aren't there.

> Would you please stop representing your minority opinion as some sort of
> consensus.

 Would you please stop waving numbers around (especially when counting
in people who prefer to not use proper typesetting in mails because ...
well, it's "just" mail - that doesn't really add to the count from a
quality point of view) when actual problems with this approach are
shown.

> > So, is there a documentation somewhere available (appart from UTSL) how
> > to disable getting translated package descriptions? Mails about the
> > problem to the team got unresponded so I don't really see any other
> > approach to the issue, sorry. :/
>
> Which team do you mean? Apt's or the translators?

 My bad for not asking the apt team about the technical aspect of the
implementation, but I thought bringing up the issue with the translation
team would be able to solve the need for that. And to some degree I had
hoped that Grisu and Jens who are involved in the system for quite a
long time would had been able to answer the technical aspect anyway.

 So long,
Rhonda