On 16/08/2007, at 2:03 AM, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
Hello, On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 06:28:45PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:I attached the POT file. (There is also a manual page but maybe we should use po4a to allow later translations via PO files. Let's ignore this manualpage for now.)Since the manual pages shares quite a few strings with the po file (in fact, almost all) I think you should consider translating it along (little effort only). Also, it would be nice if you could provide the string: "Puzzle game based on hexagonal tiles" along with your translation (and your two letter language code) so that the desktop file can be updated as well.
Please provide the manpage in PO format for translation (via the po4a package). :)
I have some questions about the hex-a-hop strings, which I am currently trying to translate:
1. #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:1612 #, c-format msgid "Complete 1 more level to unlock!" #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:1614 #, c-format msgid "Complete %d more levels to unlock!"There is a double space after the number. Does that, as mentioned by the translator notes in the header, mean there is an implied line- break there? If so, do we need to include it?
2. #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:2662 #, c-format msgid "Par: %d" #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:2663 #, c-format msgid "Diff: %d" What do "Par" and "Diff" mean in this context? I suggest using the msgctxt feature to supply contextual information. 3.There are several strings which are identical except for a single space at the beginning. Do we really need to translate them again, or is there a better way to handle this situation?
For example: #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:2659 #, c-format msgid "Anti-Ice: %d" #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:2669 #, c-format msgid " Anti-Ice: %d" 4. #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:2737 #, c-format msgid "Best:% 3d"Should there be a space after the colon? Should the percentage sign be part of the placeholder?
5. #: hex_puzzzle.cpp:2905 #, c-format msgid "Special(%d,%d): %s (%d)" Should there be a space after the word "Special"? 6. #: menus.h:87 msgid "" "Basic controls:|Move around with the keys Q,W,E,A,S,D or the numeric ""keypad. Alternatively, you can use the mouse and click on the tile you'd " "like to move to. Use 'U', backspace or the right mouse button to undo " "mistakes. The 'Esc' key (or middle mouse button) brings up a menu from "
"which you can restart if you get stuck."What is the function of the pipe symbol after "Basic controls:"? It also appears in other strings.
7. #: menus.h:133 msgid """New feature unlocked!|Each level has an efficiency target for you to try " "and beat. Every move you make and each non-green tile you destroy counts "
"against you. Why not try replaying some levels and going for gold?"Do you mean "going for gold" literally, in that the player must achieve a gold target, or amass some gold, or is this figurative (Olympic Games imagery), in that the player aims for the best possible score?
8. #: menus.h:660 msgid "<Design & Direction:"What does the < sign signify in this context? (Appears in several other Credits strings.)
9. #: level_list.h:78 msgid " Revolver Cannon"This is a contradiction in terms. A revolver is a hand-gun, while a cannon is way too big to carry. Do you mean "revolving cannon"?
10. #: level_list.h:96 msgid " Deslippify"This is not an English word (however much fun it may be for native English speakers), so it makes life difficult for translators. Please use msgctxt to explain that it means "Make less slippery" or "Improve grip", or use actual English words in the msgid string.
I have finished the translation, apart from these queries, so I would like to resolve them and submit the translation. :)
from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhóm Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)
Description: This is a digitally signed message part