Re: [D-I] improper native spelling of 'belarusian' in the language choice menu

(please keep the CC list in answers)

Quoting Gleb Rubanau (g.rubanau@gmail.com):
> On 1/15/07, Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugeniy.meshcheryakov@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> >It should be fixed in localechooser's languagelist.l10n
> >(or something like this) file. But in the past when I asked
> >wheter it is correct translation the answer was that it is
> >correct according to translator.
>

> I afraid he made a mistake. :( It's obviously wrong, as far as 'language' is
> always translated as "мова" not "язык".
>
> Here's local community opinion:
> http://forum.linux.by/viewtopic.php?t=8285&start=90 (two latest posts)

Hmmm, not easy to guess when written in Belarusian...:-)

Anyway, I'd really like to have Andrei's opinion on the topic.

Andrei, you're listed as main coordinator for Belarusian so I'd rather
give your opinion some weight....on the other hand, Gleb did most of
the work in the last weeks, so in case we don't hear from you, I will
tend to follow his suggestion and change "Belarouskii" to
"Belarouskaya"

(Gleb, please send me an appropriate UTF-8 file with, exactly, what
you would like to see in the localechooser menu. I will commit
it.....and will revert it only if Andrei strongly objects with
arguments)