Re: Translating package descriptions (was: Re: Summary of Debconf i18n/l10n activities

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 02:17:43PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> On 07/06/2006, at 3:57 AM, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
>
> >	Hmmm, it depends on how the ftp-master team will deal with that.
> >There is a working version of DDTP at ddtp.debian.net and the
> >Translation-* files can be updated, we still need to check impact in
> >SecureAPT and related mirror/archive issues. Anyway, it should be
> >possible to keep it up-to-date during the support cycle.
>
> I've seen people on this list mention the package descriptions a few
> times, but I wasn't sure if we had an integrated approach to
> translating them yet. Earlier, it sounded like there had been a
> program to translate them, but it was no longer current in some way.
>
> Can we translate these package descriptions effectively? If so, how
> do we go about it?

In the old days we have the ddts and we had translated a lot of the
descriptions with this server.

After the break of gluck, the service stopped.

Now we have a reduced server on ddtp.debian.net. You can get a
untranslated description per mail (subject 'GET 1 de' to
pdesc@ddtp.debian.net) and send the translation back to the server.

At debconf we discuss the whole thing and we decide to integrate the
ddtp in the new i18n system.

If I get the 'OK' from pootle, I like to setup a ddtp-pootle server.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -- http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
"Der Holocaust war eine öbszöne Periode in der Geschichte unserer