Re: Resources (was: Re: debian-l10n-galician)

El martes, 26 de diciembre de 2006 a las 22:55:33 +1030, Clytie Siddall escribía:

> Jacobo, I hope you don't mind me responding to this. I'm in a very

 No, don't worry :)

> I can quite understand that you have to set some absolute limits. You
> have to protect your own health. But doesn't it help us avoid burnout
> if we have the help of others?

 Normally, yes, but part of my issues come from "having" to lead a group of
translators. When you do, you receive lots of translations for review, and
their qualities are quite different.

 Being an unpaid volunteer, I have to make the job its own reward. Add that
I have a perfectionistic streak, so what came out of my hands had to be
perfect to be worth its while. So, I had to fix every issue and started to
lose my patience, to think that it'd be faster if I had done it myself,
etc., etc.

 Eventually that wore in and I got burnt out.

 Now I don't even want to be near a translation team :-)

 (There are other issues, but they don't have to do anything with me
personally, but with politics, and I don't want to discuss them publicly).

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/