Re: Resources (was: Re: debian-l10n-galician)

On 27/12/2006, at 4:44 AM, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:

El martes, 26 de diciembre de 2006 a las 22:55:33 +1030, Clytie Siddall escribía:

Jacobo, I hope you don't mind me responding to this. I'm in a very

 No, don't worry :)

I can quite understand that you have to set some absolute limits. You
have to protect your own health. But doesn't it help us avoid burnout
if we have the help of others?

Normally, yes, but part of my issues come from "having" to lead a group of translators. When you do, you receive lots of translations for review, and
their qualities are quite different.

Being an unpaid volunteer, I have to make the job its own reward. Add that I have a perfectionistic streak, so what came out of my hands had to be perfect to be worth its while. So, I had to fix every issue and started to lose my patience, to think that it'd be faster if I had done it myself,
etc., etc.

 Eventually that wore in and I got burnt out.

 Now I don't even want to be near a translation team :-)

 (There are other issues, but they don't have to do anything with me
personally, but with politics, and I don't want to discuss them publicly).

Thankyou very much for explaining that. :)