Re: Activation of Catalan in the DDTP/DDTSS

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 18:02:25 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On 10/5/06, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > * <http://svana.org/kleptog/temp/ddts-stats.html>
> >   - Add a totals column?
>
> You mean horizonatally? Total packages per language?

I'd say it's vertical ;), but anyway, like a new "Category" with the
total number of packages translated with the corresponding percentage.

> >   - ca does not appear there.
>
> Fixed, will appear next time I regenerate.

Thanks!

> > * I've talked with some people of our team and we were thinking that
> >   we don't want anonymous translations (I'll talk with the others
> >   tomorrow), would that be possible? It's fine that anyone can
> >   register though. The important part is to attach a real name and
> >   a valid email to the contributions.
>
> It would be possible to prohibit anonymous translations, yes.

Could you do that then? I've talked with some other members and they
agree.

> > * Also it would be nice to change the Alias to "Real name" in the
> >   "Create login" page, so that you could form a proper From header.
> >   This way that information would not get lost when sending the
> >   translation to the DDTP (which now it is).

> I could add a field for "real name".

Yes please. =) Also what's the purpose of the alias one? I'd like to
see the "real name" as mandatory and the "alias" as optional, or
simply removed, but that being global would have to be agreed with
the other teams I suppose.

> Do you think it's important to to track who "owns" a description?

Yes.

> Currently the DDTSS remembers that but the DDTS doesn't get told.
> Do you think this is important?

Yes. For at several reasons:

  * Give credit where credit is due. I like to acknowledge the work
    that translators do, and having their name there is an easy way.
  * Being able to tell people (by mail for example), if they make
    repeated mistakes, so that they can avoid them in the future.
  * It could be used to request updates to translations in the same
    way it's done for .po files, but maybe that's too heavyweight?
  * Also it's nice to see the work history of the people.

One question that came to my mind now is, what about the copyright of
the translated works? Do we "assume" that translators disclaims it?
And under which license?

regards,
guillem