Re: Activation of Catalan in the DDTP/DDTSS

On 10/5/06, Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> wrote:
Thanks! it works now. Some issues and suggestions:

 * <http://svana.org/kleptog/temp/ddts-stats.html>
   - Add a totals column?

You mean horizonatally? Total packages per language?

   - ko and go are missing the long name.

That because I don't know what they should be. Do you know, or have an
idea where to find out?

   - ca does not appear there.

Fixed, will appear next time I regenerate.

 * I've talked with some people of our team and we were thinking that
   we don't want anonymous translations (I'll talk with the others
   tomorrow), would that be possible? It's fine that anyone can
   register though. The important part is to attach a real name and
   a valid email to the contributions.

It would be possible to prohibit anonymous translations, yes.

 * Also it would be nice to change the Alias to "Real name" in the
   "Create login" page, so that you could form a proper From header.
   This way that information would not get lost when sending the
   translation to the DDTP (which now it is).

I could add a field for "real name". Do you think it's important to to
track who "owns" a description? Currently the DDTSS remembers that but
the DDTS doesn't get told. Do you think this is important?

I'm curious about the last point since the original DDTS had a strong
concept of ownership, the current DDTS doesn't, and the DDTSS makes
the concept almost obsolete. What do you think should happen?

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/