Re: new netcfg translations from Ubuntu

On 30/08/2006, at 8:04 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

(please leave the discussion CC'ed. I want D-I developers who do not
necessarily read -i18n to give their advice....even if the D-I release
manager, Frans Pop, is actually on holidays)

Approximately how many strings, and in which files would they be merged?

"a small amount". Colin takes care to avoid too much additionnal cruft
in the Ubuntu installer so I ould bet this is a few dozens at the very
maximum. But only Colin can answer here.

With that quantity, it doesn't sound like too much of a problem for us. However, a separate file might still be a good idea, so anyone working on these strings specifically would be able to process them more easily. The D-I Level 1 .po file, for example, is quite big enough. We don't want sheer size to put people off translating it.

Even if you do manage to find time to do bigger files, you do them later. The Geany file at 600+ strings has been sitting on my ToDo list for a while now [1]. If it had been under 100, I would have done it straight away. We want to keep D-I files at the top of people's ToDo lists.

[1] I am finally doing it now. ;)