Re: Locales and D-I Manual

On 05/06/2006, at 4:40 PM, Eddy Petrişor wrote:

My husband's Debian testing install doesn't show that directory, nor
any directory of that name on the system. It's about a month old, and
a fairly minimal system. He does have a long list of locales in /usr/
share/locales, though. Perhaps his install didn't activate some of
the i18n options, since he doesn't need them. (Yes, he says he
doesn't have the package "locales".)

He will need the locales package for localization to work.

Thanks for clearing that up, Eddy. I thought that might be the case.

I expect he didn't install it, since he's monolingual and doesn't need any i18n.