Re: DevRef English writing style advice, was: incomprehensible sentence in exim4-config.pot.

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 07:27 +0100, DevRef wrote:
> The world contains men and women. Please mix both genders
> in your examples. This is not Political Correctness, this
> is showing respect to all humanity.

While we're at it, can we please remove this last sentence? I've been
annoyed by the devref giving me a lecture on what entails showing
respect to all humanity. It is unnecessary patronising, as if I don't
know how to show respect for "humanity"? Or that I can't judge why it's
a good thing to mix genders, so it needs to be spelt out? And it thinks
that it can state that this is "not Political Correctness" as a matter
of fact, while that is actually someone's opinion.

Better remove it, and just keep the general advice on mixing the
genders.

Thijs