Re: Summary of Debconf i18n activities

On 5/24/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>   1. Please replace i18n by l10n everywhere.

Ditto.

>   2. Please get the facts right, this mail summarizes
>      what has been discussed in Debconf6 by attendees,
>      not on this list.

Not exactly.

Would you please decide[1] what you are doing?

<quote>

>If some of the participants want to add stuff or correct me, please do
>so. Please do not add ideas that HAVE NOT been discussed at Debconf.

:-o what do you mean? is the idea set complete?

No. But this is meant to be the report of Debconf discussions, not a
general report about recent i18n activities.

</quote>

> IMO you should remove the 2nd paragraph about WordForge.
> We must prevent translators from working on documents
> which are already handled by other groups.  Hopefully
> we will cooperate with other l10n infrastructures one
> day, but at the moment this will cause trouble.

I prefer keeping it. Even though this is certainly not the immediate
goal, having a structure that is though from the beginning as a
possible distributed system aimed at getting different l10n projects
to collaborate and communicate is one of the key features in WordForge
plans.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2006/05/msg00155.html

--
Regards,