Filter text for spellchecking (was: Re: D-I auto-update mails, spellchecking and info

On 28/04/2006, at 4:26 AM, Davide Viti wrote:

the spellchecker runs daily on Alioth, which is a Sarge machine; this
means that there's no aspell-vi installed.
I would suggest running your favourite spellchecker on your local machine
against

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/spellcheck/level1/latest/nozip/vi_all.txt

It contains all the translated strings obtained from the original po file
(so the spellchecker will not go complain about comments and original
msids)

Davide, thankyou very much! That makes the task much easier.

How did you extract the translated strings like that? Is there any filter I can run over my PO files to do the same, to spellcheck them? This would be viable with the longer files.