D-I auto-update mails, spellchecking and info

My D-I auto-update mail for level 1 today showed I'd updated the file (this mails are great!), but it also said:

On 19/04/2006, at 1:30 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:

-Master: tfu
+Master: 1469tfu
 Spellcheck:  unknown words in master file..

Are we running spellchecks for the different languages, or is this an English spellcheck?

Also, it occurs to me that I had no idea what a diff was, when I started translating, so I'm sure there will be other translators who also don't know what a diff is.

This means they won't understand the D-I update mails. Do we have a little howto online yet on these update mails?

If not, I'll write one, providing I have the basic info on how they work. :)