Re: Applying to be DD part 2

On Sun, April 9, 2006 09:43, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Parkside in Adelaide, nice suburb. :)
>
> However, it's a bit rough to expect someone to travel this far just
> to squint at my driving licence. If that DD is willing to do so, I
> would appreciate such effort enormously, but it seems like such a
> waste of time (and petrol, at its ever-rising price).
>
> I can't be anyone else, because nobody would want to be in my
> situation. ;)  However, that may not be a common proof in application
> for DDs. I'd better stick with the usual procedure.

Both on that page and in the developer's reference, it's explicitly
mentioned that when there's a problem with getting your key signed, you
can contact the Front Desk and they will work out an alternative way of
establishing your identity.

Some things to consider:

1) You don't need to have your key signed when you start the process, only
when you end the process. So apply now *and* contact the FD about
identification at the same time. These two processes can perfectly
function in parallel.

2) Get listed as looking for signatures, both on the GPG page aswell as on
biglumber.com. Having your key signed by other people in the web of trust
is already a lot better than no signatures at all.

I have all the trust that a good arrangement can be made with the front
desk, but it helps a lot to be as active as possible yourself.

Good luck!

Thijs