Re: Preview of the i18n and l10n paper for Debcon6

"=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Eddy_Petri=BAor?=" <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>
> On 4/4/06, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > "=3D?ISO-8859-2?Q?Eddy_Petri=3DBAor?=3D" <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>
> > > [..] do not push for English  as the universal language: we just live
> > > with the fact that is mostly used in international context, just like
> > > Debian does.
> > Even so, where is the evidence for that "fact"? Please don't
> > present language politics as assertions of fact.
>
> So you need evidence that English is used in many cases when two
> speakers of different languages meet andd have no other common ground
> language? [...]

No, that would be irrelevant, being a somewhat different and
much more limited situation. To make your suggested statement
of "fact", one should have evidence that English is mostly used
in international contexts.

> I'll leave you judge if you used double standards or not :o)

I did not. HTH.
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/