Re: Preview of the i18n and l10n paper for Debcon6

On 4/4/06, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> "=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Eddy_Petri=BAor?=" <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>
> > I am sure Christian ment somethign along the lines of:
> >
> > Javier and myself and they perfectly know
> > we do not push for English  as the universal language: we just live
> > with the fact that is mostly used in international context, just like
> > Debian does.
>
> Even so, where is the evidence for that "fact"? Please don't
> present language politics as assertions of fact.

So you need evidence that English is used in many cases when two
speakers of different languages meet andd have no other common ground
language?

> > Again, please do not overreact, we don't need politics nor bureaucracy.
>
> I don't see what bureaucracy has to do with it. I frequently speak
> out against bureaucracy (for example, in 1999, 2004, 2005 on
> http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2005-3.html#alugctte ). If you're
> suggesting that having evidence before claiming facts is
> bureaucracy, then I'll be gobsmacked.

I'll leave you judge if you used double standards or not :o)

Thanks for the Ro-Eo links, but those are not that complete.

As much as I would like Esperanto seen being used more oftenly in
conversations between  foreigners.

--
Regards,
EddyP