Re: Irish contact (was: Re: Cleaning out the D-I supported languages list

On 22/03/2006, at 7:42 AM, Kevin Scannell wrote:

I wonder if it's worth approaching the developer of gramadóir, an
Irish grammar program (<scannell@slu.edu>) logged for translation
with the TP.

Well, let's try, then....

I'm maintaining the of the Irish translations
for KDE, OpenOffice, and the GNU TP software so it's not
clear that I'll have time to do much with the Debian installer.

Nevertheless I'm willing to work on it occasionally
since it's pretty unlikely that anyone else will
step up and try.

Céad míle fáilte romhat Kevin! (Welcome!)

I hope I got that right... ;)

Great to see you here. :D

Christian is our co-ordinator, but I'm answering the bits I can. :)

I read some of the docs and grabbed the "level 1" pot file
(1459 strings).   Do I need SVN access to commit the changes
that I make?

Not immediately. It's useful for some modules, including D-I Level 1, but to start with, and with all the non-general-source-control-access files, you can send translations in using the Debian Bug-Tracking system, simply send an email to:

submit@bugs.debian.org