(forw) international Debian work meetings in Extremadura, Spain, during 2006

Please read below....

It seems that there can be an opportunity, here, to trigger a kind of
formal meeting of the i18n resources in Debian. It's a long time since
we all work quite well in a quite unformalized manner....but we all
feel that something more is needed to trigger more efficient work.

The Grail of a common interface for i18n/l10n work comes to my mind of
course. So, I'd really like to propose using of these slots to handle
a "Debian i18n team" meeting with the goal of deciding which areas we
need to work on and probably the special goal of achieving that i18n
infrastructure we all know we need.

Who would jump in such boat (which includes physically participating
to such a meeting in Spain)? Given the description of funding by
Andreas, this would be limited to European contributors because
funding for overseas contributors may be a bit more difficult (but not
completely excluded, though!).

I can probably personnally handle the load of setting up a schedule
and serve as a contact for the "Debian i18n group" if such a meeting
is to be handled in March, June or September.
(...as well as negotiating this with my beloved wife, ahem...)

Please raise your hands!

----- Forwarded message from Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> -----