Re: (forw) international Debian work meetings in Extremadura, Spain, during 2006

On 12/6/05, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Please read below....
>
> It seems that there can be an opportunity, here, to trigger a kind of
> formal meeting of the i18n resources in Debian. It's a long time since
> we all work quite well in a quite unformalized manner....but we all
> feel that something more is needed to trigger more efficient work.

I agree with this; there should be also room for offline work (as I am
painfuly experiencing at the moment)

> The Grail of a common interface for i18n/l10n work comes to my mind of
> course. So, I'd really like to propose using of these slots to handle
> a "Debian i18n team" meeting with the goal of deciding which areas we
> need to work on and probably the special goal of achieving that i18n
> infrastructure we all know we need.
>
> Who would jump in such boat (which includes physically participating
> to such a meeting in Spain)? Given the description of funding by
> Andreas, this would be limited to European contributors because
> funding for overseas contributors may be a bit more difficult (but not
> completely excluded, though!).

Although with lesser expertise than most of the guys that have
announced their will to take part, I would also like to be a part of
this, and maybe learn a few things, too, from more experienced
translators.

> I can probably personnally handle the load of setting up a schedule
> and serve as a contact for the "Debian i18n group" if such a meeting
> is to be handled in March, June or September.
> (...as well as negotiating this with my beloved wife, ahem...)

As for the schedule, I would favor June or September.

> Please raise your hands!

\o/

Sorry for the late answer...

--