Re: A few typos in debian-installer (Was: Re: [D-I] Variable subsitution (level2))

On Sunday 25 September 2005 14:57, Jens Seidel wrote:
> OK. But this increases the work you have to do. I do not care whether I
> fix errors directly or send it to you (via BTS or whatever) since I
> know that you and Frans, ... are responsive.

Yes, it will. And therefore only patches of a general nature should be
send to the BTS against debian-installer.
By general nature I mean:
- affecting the English original text (possibly including unfuzzying
  translations)
- technical errors affecting all languages
- very obvious errors in multiple languages

> > So, I would object to a general fix and suggest that you submit a
> > patch when reaching the moment you describe above.
> >
> > This patch should really go to the BTS and not here, as suggested by
> > Frans.

This patch should as it concerns multiple languages, but, as I've said
before, this is not the optimal method.
The best way to deal with translation errors is to send individual patches
for each language to the responsible translation team or responsible
translator. Both addresses should be available for the PO file.