Re: [D-I] Hints for timezone names translations in D-I

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Don't use underscores.

It's not just underscores. I've reviewed every translation of tzsetup
now, and most of them are wrong. You are supposed to translate "south
pole" as "polo Sul" or whatever. Not as Antárctida/Pólo_Sul.

The text is displayed to the user as a list of timezones in their
country, from which they choose their timezone. That's all it should be.
The comments tell you to translate the English text and they give the
English text. You are not supposed to translate the internal libc timezone
value that appears in the msgid.

At the moment things are so broken that most of the translations will be
completly unsable.

--
see shy jo