Re: [D-I] Hints for timezone names translations in D-I

On 27/07/2005, at 11:20 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

For each serie of timezone names, you will find a comment with the
English "translation" of the C timezone names. This English strings is
the one you should translate and NOT literaly the value you will find
in msgid's.

I found the comments really helpful. Like other translators, I couldn't translate most of the names, but I could use the comments to do this:

msgid "Continent/name"
msgstr "Translation of continent/name_(translation of location)

I note, Christian, that you didn't use an underscore in "Pôle Sud". Do we not have to use underscores wherever there is a space? I thought we did, since the original strings used underscores in that way...