Re: Need for help in handling l10n for several packages

El dom, 19-06-2005 a las 10:52 +0200, Christian Perrier escribió:
> Several of you known that I currently handle the l10n part of several
> packages, with the blessing of their respective maintainers.

> So, I'd like to offer this task to some of my fellow translator
> colleagues.
>
> For this, you need to:
>
> -have a very good knowledge of l10n issues in general and the use of
>  gettext tools (msgmerge, msgcat, etc)

At the moment I only know about parts relevant for translators.

> -have a good practice of CVS or SVN

I suppose I will need to learn how to merge branches.

> -have a correct knowledge of the bug tracking system (manipulating bugs by
>  mail, know about tags....)
>
> -follow the package status with regards to l10n and be able to discuss
>  and help the maintainer

I hope I could deal with these two items, the first seems less
challenging (I already know some tags and the basics of manipulating
bugs by mail), and probably my experience as a translator will help with
the second one.

> That sounds to be a lot of skills, but actually several translators
> fit this description..:-)
>
> The relevant packages are:

> -aptitude

I use it all the time so I'll realize it in case I break something ;), I
volunteer if no one better than me offers his help. I think I can cope
with this if you and Daniel are patient at the beginning.