Re: bug-reporting for non-English users

Clytie Siddall a écrit :

I really don't know the solution to that, but I think a language page for Debian is not a bad idea, as a backup.

Agreed.

I can see a list of "Debian language pages" on http://www.debian.org/international/ Anybody knows where to ask for adding a new language in this list and create and give access to the corresponding page? Should I make a bug report on the pseudo-package www.debian.org or contact debian-www@lists.debian.org by email?

When I see the number of bug reports against www.debian.org, especialy the wishlist, I'm afraid it would not be integrated before long... But I hope I'm wrong! If I use this system, how should I classify it (wishlist, minor, normal or even important)? I bet for wishlist...

What do you think about creating a debian-l10n-vietnamese for this? I'm not sure there will be enougth people on it right know, but it could be The Right Way™ to let people come...

Let's see how we go with getting Vietnamese tested as an install, first. Spreading our resources even more thinly may not be the best step...

Like Frans Pop said, there is two kind of list: debian-l10n-vietnamese to discuss about vietnamese translation, and debian-user-vietnamese to support debian users in vietnamese language. I think both of them will be usefull, even if we (You and Me) would not have enough resources to participate into this personnaly. So I will ask for their creation too, and then announce it on the vietlug list to let vietnamese people already using Debian (and derivatives) subscribe and start the "flood". ;-)

--
Jean Christophe "プログフ" ANDRÉ — http://asie-pacifique.auf.org/
Responsable technique régional — Associé technologie projet Reflets (CODA)