Re: Debian Installer string freeze begins - 1st status

Quoting Helmut Wollmersdorfer (helmut.wollmersdorfer@gmx.at):

> Quick & dirty try of sarge-i386-netinst-20040621-build.iso under VMware:
> ... boot:
> <F1>
> -       Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux sarge!
> +                  Debian GNU/Linux sarge.
> -This is a Debian installation CD-ROM, built on 20040528.
> +Installation CD-ROM, built on 20040525.
>  HELP INDEX
>
> -KEY    TOPIC
>
> -<F1>   This page, the help index.
> +<F1>   Help index
> -<F2>   Prerequisites for installing Debian.
> +<F2>   Prerequisites for installing
> -<F3>   Boot methods for special ways of using this CD-ROM
> +<F3>   Boot methods
> -<F4>   Special boot parameters, overview.
> +<F4>   Boot parameters, overview

You're right for these. I focused on translatable stuff, which made me
ignore these.

> >Consistency between en_GB and en_US spelling need some work probably.
>
> Which one? I never found a clear rule within debian like "[SHOULD|MUST]
> be [en_US|en_GB]". If not specified I apply aspell en_US.

I'd say that current English is closer to US than GB so let's go ahead
for US.

> Do you want the patches in one file or each in an extra bug submit?
> Both methods have advantages:
> - extra allows different severities, discussion, handling,
>   but is very time consuming. Bug tracking is flooded.
>   This method is necessary in commercial projects.
> - all in one is easier to handle. In GPL projects I use this.

The best would be individual patches, one per d-i package.