Re: Debian Installer string freeze begins - 1st status

Quoting Helmut Wollmersdorfer (helmut.wollmersdorfer@gmx.at):

> To late, to step in? Is there a rough timeline, milestones? I think, the
> side effects to translations would be minimal, because the meaning will
> not change, only the wording. But from my last impression on d-i daily
> 2004-06-07 I estimate some hundred lines of patches.
>
> [1] This means:
> - spelling en_US
> - unique use of punctuation
> - consistant use of terms
> - avoiding personal pronouns
> - simpler sentences
> - clear questions

Hmmm, this can't make it for this release. However, I'm deeply surprised of the number of changes you suggest.

For instance, IU'm pretty sure there is no personalization (mostly because I reviewed
the whole stuff and I hate it a lot....:-) as well as quite consistent punctuation

The terminology is quite consistent though there may be some inconsistencies here and
there.

The best was made for as simple as possible English, but here also some better wording may
be used.

Consistency between en_GB and en_US spelling need some work probably.

Anyway, the impact on l10n has to be coordinated with l10n coordinators, thus with myself
and Dennis Stampfer. For instance, I want to minimize the work induced on translators
which often means "unfuzzification"  when needed.

So I'm afraid the real changes may only happen after the next release, hoping this is not the last one.

However, preparing the changes is certainly possible by posting patches : this will
then allow some discussion, case by case.....