Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Lì giovedì, 2004/07/01 alle 14:21, +0200, Lele Gaifax ha scritto:

>     >> The Internet discussions have changed this, as this is common
>     >> use to use "du", or "tu" in mailing lists, IRC, newsgroups. But
>     >> this is relevant in the Internet communication world....and I
>     >> would definitely not recommend using this (we call it
>     >> "tutoiement" in French, I have no idea of the appropriate
>     >> English term) in the screens we show to users.
>     >>
>     >> Italian people seem to think different as I just finished a d-i
>     >> test in italiano and I saw lots of "tu"....
>
>     Stefano> As soon as I will have a VMWare functional on my machine
>     Stefano> I will test, looking for these "tu" as this is against
>     Stefano> our translation guidelines.
>
> Ciao Stefano!
>
> I personally prefer the more direct and simpler "tu" form, as I do not
> see an evident advantage of using the plural (for example).
>
> Nevertheless, can you point me to those guidelines you mentioned?
>
> ciao, lele.

Lele,
	mentioned guidelines are the general rules for a good translation you
can find looking for the italian translation project page
(http://www.linux.it/tp) and rules that italian translators gave
themselves in years of translation. Those rules are written in the
tp@lists.linux.it archives. :)

	The shortest summery is: computer are not polite.

Ciao
sc

--
Stefano Canepa email: sc@linux.it - www: http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.